Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beef Curry

Rach sent this recipe through me and I have rudely made it my own. I have made it a couple of times now and have, so far, had rave reviews...

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 onions
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • oil (for the pan)
  • 1 tablespoon ginger
  • 3 tablespoon curry powder (Keen's works well)
  • 800g beef (I use rump)
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 1 pot of tomato paste (the more the better)
  • mango chutney
  • cucumber slices

Method:
  • Slice onions and chop garlic and saute for a few minutes until soft.
  • Add ginger and curry powder to the pan and cook for a minute or so longer and then transfer to the slow cooker.
  • Cut the fat from the beef and chop up. Pop in a bag filled with the flour and black pepper. Shake to mix.
  • Add to the slow cooker.
  • Add the soy sauce, beef stock and tomato paste and stir in.
  • Put the lid on and cook for 5 hours on high or for 8-10 hours on low, stirring every now and then.
  • Serve with rice and top the beef curry with mango chutney and cucumber slices. I also like to see some veges on my plate so maybe add some green beans to the side.



5 comments:

  1. This was so tasty and the pear dessert Tash did went so well with it all. I am coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur - the curry was delish!! perfect level of spicy-ness to warm us up on a cold winter's night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I used the leftovers in a pie the next night which was yum. I partially cooked the pastry, spread on some mango chutney, added the rest of the curry and then topped it with sweet potato mash. In the oven for around 30 mins so it's hot through. Recommend it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you love your left-overs pie don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this was my recipe Tashy, but I had never tried it. Did so tonight and it was the first and only (of about 10) recipes I've tried in the slow cooker that I've actually enjoyed!! Glad you recommended it! x

    ReplyDelete